HOW MUCH DOES DOUBLE GLAZING COST?
We’ve put together this double glazing cost guide to give you an idea of how much you’ll need to pay to install new double glazing in your home.
How much does double glazing cost?
Struggling to find an accurate price for double glazing? Costs will inevitably vary depending on the size of your house, the number of doors and windows you have, and what type of double glazing you choose. That said, here are some rough guide prices to help you plan your budget.
600 x 600
$564 + GST
- For a home with 5 windows and 2 uPVC doors, supply only, the average cost will be about $9,000 to $10,000.
- If you have 8 windows and 2 uPVC doors, supply only, the double glazing cost is around $13,000 to $14,000.
- If you have 8 windows and 2 uPVC doors, supply and install the double glazing cost is around $18,000 to $19,000.
- Double glazing for a larger home with 20 windows and 2 uPVC doors will cost in the region of $26,000 to $28,000
FACTORS AFFECTING DOUBLE GLAZING
There are a number of factors that will affect how much you pay for your home’s double glazing. These include:
- The number of windows and doors
- The type of windows and doors
- Quality of glass
- Type of window and door locks
- Access to the property
- Any scaffolding needed
- Where you live
It’s also useful to remember that double glazing quotes don’t usually factor in any special requirements, such as coloured door and window frames, A-rated windows, lead framed gloss or special locking mechanisms.
AVERAGE COST OF DOUBLE GLAZING
On average, double glazing costs $940 per window – but it can be at least a couple of hundred dollars cheaper, with top quality double-glazed windows, available for as little as $500. On top of this, installation can cost around an extra $450, but it’s worth it for that professional touch.
Bear in mind that if your installer needs to put up scaffolding to get to your window, that’ll also cost extra – and the higher the window, the higher the price.
If you’re getting a bay window replaced, installers will also need more time (and, therefore, more money) to fit it. It’ll take about half a day for two people, whereas simpler models like casement windows can be done and dusted in a couple of hours.